General Dental Council & Customer Well Being
We take the safety and wellbeing of our patients very seriously. We understand the concerns many patients may have regarding cross infection control in medicine and dentistry today. We closely follow the national guidelines for cross infection control. We use disposable equipment wherever possible and in instances where the use of disposables is not possible we utilise the latest techniques to ensure the highest level of cleanliness and sterilisation, having a dedicated decontamination and sterilising room.
All staff are committed to following a program of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which we feel is an absolute necessity in any professional sphere, and ensures they are up-to-date with the latest developments. This means we can deliver the highest quality dental care that is totally in keeping with current General Dental Council and European Union standards.
We also closely monitor the constantly evolving dental materials market to ensure that all the materials we use for treating you are the latest, highest-quality market-leaders. Our patients can be confident they are receiving the oral and dental care they deserve.
As dental professionals, we must be registered with the General Dental Council and meet their standards.
There are nine principles that we must follow;
- Put patients interests first
- Communicate effectively with patients
- Obtain valid consent
- Maintain and protect patients information
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients best interests
- Maintain, develop and work within our professional knowledge and skills
- Raise concerns if patients are at risk
- Make sure our personal behaviour maintains patients confidence in you and the dental profession